Monday, December 7, 2015

Chia Pudding


I shared the following recipe a lot of times lately with my family and my friends, because they loved the taste of this pudding when they tried it in my home.
So I thought of making a small post so you can also try it out as well.
It's chia pudding ! 
If you don't know about it, chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, they are a great source of iron, magnesium, zinc, calcium and many others minerals and vitamins. They’re delicious and good for your body! Here I'll leave you a link to a more detailed article about chia seeds properties: http://authoritynutrition.com/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds/

Since I discovered it, it had become my favorite thing for breakfast.
I use it a lot in smoothies or mixed with fruits, yogurt and seeds.

How to do it:
Mix chia seeds with vegetal ( almond/ coconut/ rice...) milk, add panela as a healthy sweetener, or brown rice syrup, or honey, add optional ingredients like cinnamon, vanilla. Put it in a small bowl or glass mason jar. 
After 5 minutes, mix it again because  it will drop to the bottom. 
Then let it set in refrigerator overnight (or at least 30 minutes).

Remove it from the fridge, and make sure your pudding looks thick and the chia seeds have gelled. Top with fresh fruit and nuts, and enjoy.

No comments: